Well, maybe the Tylenol doesn't work so well after all. It seems to work the first part of the day but by dinner time I really need ibuprofen, so for now I am going to switch over at that point. The nurse I spoke to about the biopsy said 2 a day was okay. Last night I spent the whole evening on the couch on top of the heating pad, but by the time I went to bed I felt fine and slept well without needing a Lidoderm patch.
So I called Fox Chase this morning to get the process going for an appt., and a process it is indeed! I've got all kinds of reports to gather and send to them before they will even make the appt. Then there is a whole batch of other things I need to get to bring with me to the appt. including all the original pathology slides ever done for this cancer among other things. I'm sure in the medical world this isn't such a big deal but it's a little daunting for me at the moment. So the phone calls and faxing back and forth and running to hospital records rooms begins. I think it will all be worth it though, I think the care I will get there will be very good.
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hopefully being proactive like this, and having to be busy in the process, gives you a sense of control over the situation. It can be nice to have something to do in times of stress.
Hugs, Tracy
Post a Comment