Friday, January 12, 2007

It's okay!!

Okay, before I drive everyone including myself completely crazy with these posts tonight I have some really good news! I continued looking through my over 1 inch thick pile of papers from my medical records and guess what I just found? A FISH test WAS done in June of 2005 (a month after the Herceptest) and it showed that my tumor was NEGATIVE for Her2 proteins!!! Sheesh, now don't you think it would have been good if someone, anyone, had told me this at the time?? And also a 2nd test was done that was completely unnecessary (and I may have to pay for it)? But right now I am just so relieved that it was negative, it's a HUGE relief.

The other good thing is that if the original cancer was progesterone receptor positive there may be some hormonal therapy that I could do. That's part of what I want to pursue at Fox Chase. I read that it tends to respond well to hormonal therapy particularly when the cancer recurs, which mine has. So maybe, just maybe I'm getting some good news for a change.

Feeling a lot better now :-))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is certainly time for some good news! And I'm glad Z is handling the initial news well - hopefully that will continue.

5xBlessed said...

Michele, so glad about this latest post. WHEW! Sorry for the stress all of this caused. It sounds like your caregivers could've done a better job of keeping you informed about ALL of the test results.

HUGS to you, A and Z,
Johnna