
A. and I went shopping today and we bought a recliner chair (like the one in this picture only the leather is a darker brown with a hint of burgundy). I have been so uncomfortable lately with my back (standing is really my most comfortable position) that I've been craving a soft as a cloud recliner chair. We found this one today and it is really comfy. It was a custom order return so was discounted and available for delivery next Tuesday. I can't wait! We also found rugs for our new, not quite but almost done master bathroom and went out for lunch. We ate at Iron Hill Brewery (I love their Southwestern Turkey Burger) and since I drink now (I hadn't been drinking alcohol for many years but screw that!) I wanted to try some beer but didn't want very much. I asked the waitress about sharing and she told us they had a 4 oz. size. Perfect, especially since I wanted a Lager and A. wanted a Porter. I had a salad with my burger, figuring I'd better enjoy it while I can since raw lettuce is probably not a great idea in the coming weeks (partly the immune system thing and partly the digestive thing). It was really nice being able to spend some time together today.
I talked to Z.'s teacher today and she told me that Z. has been doing really well this week. She thinks that my having told Z. what was going on has actually made things better. She was probably aware of everything going on (at least on some level even if she didn't know the specifics) and now that she knows she's okay with it. So that's good to hear. We are hoping to attend a kids/parent cancer workshop soon also. We've been to a couple of them before in 2005 so Z. knows what to expect and is good about the idea of going to another one.
My daughter is doing her homework on the floor in front of the space heater in the kitchen wearing a tank top and a skort and bare feet (it's 30 degrees outside and probably 62 degrees in the kitchen unless you're right on top of the space heater- which is one of those things that looks like a wood stove but it's electric and has a fake holograph-like flame). She seems perfectly happy but it's making me cold just looking at her!

1 comment:
Not to mention the freeze causing lettuce prices to skyrocket in the coming weeks (just a guess).
Looks like a nice comfy chair! Enjoy!
Post a Comment