Saturday, April 21, 2007

Spring and softball



Spring is FINALLY here!! Although not to get picky or anything but it's almost warm enough to be summer, but I won't complain. Z. had her first day of Wild Things, this very laid back girl's softball league where the girls mostly work on skills (they don't play other teams besides themselves and their moms on Mother's Day weekend and their dads on Father's Day weekend). It's perfect for my child who is such a perfectionist that she doesn't want to play sports because she might look dumb if she's not perfect immediately (sigh). This is her 2nd year playing with Wild Things so went happily this year, but 2 years ago I couldn't get her to go at all and last her she only went the first day on the condition that she could just watch and then decide if she wanted to do it. She ended up joining in about a quarter of the way through that first day. I think the big container of Double Bubble gum they had lying out for the girls to chew at will probably had something to do with her deciding this might be an okay thing to do.

2 comments:

Cindy D. said...

Looks like a bubblicious day. Double Bubble bubble gum and bubbles.

Michele T. said...

LOL, only I cheated and this photo is actually from last year :-) I didn't actually go to softball this morning, Z. and A. did. They meet one weeknight each week also and that's my duty.