Wednesday, October 29, 2008

better?

After at least a couple of weeks of too much pain, my back feels fine today (with medication of course, I've taken 3 ibuprofen and 1 ex tylenol this morning). So of course this morning is my appt. at the osteopath, where he will do his manipulations and I'll probably feel worse tomorrow. I can't win. It's why I don't know what to do, none of this makes any sense. I was in progressively worse pain for days and days and then boom, I feel fine (granted I've been taking 10 ibuprofen and 2 ex tylenol each day for the last week). Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled to be feeling good finally. Yesterday I felt pretty good too, although I could feel the pain just beneath the surface ready to jump back out the minute I moved the wrong way or looked cross eyed. Today it feels more stable. I feel like I've been holding my body in check for so long that it's an odd feeling to almost feel like I can move more freely (almost, I'm still not trusting it, that pain is always lingering beneath the surface).

Well, I'll take the good while I can get it but I do wish that I could make more sense out of this. It makes me nervous about making plans, will I be feeling okay that day (or night) or will I be a complete mess? No way to know. Well, keep your fingers crossed that this lull is a long one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on your posts. I'm glad you're starting to feel better, and will keep my fingers crossed that it lasts.