Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Back

The back pain has eased today, kind of like that feeling you have after you stop hitting your head against a wall, it's still sore but it hurts a lot less than when you were banging it. I talked to the acupuncturist and he told me that he usually does both local and distal acupuncture and that the local needles caused a severe muscle spasm. The muscles in my back are really tight and they want to bounce back to their shortened position. He apologized for my pain and suggested moist heat and otc meds like Alleve (I've been using ibuprofen every day for over a month now and I had to step it up over the weekend). He said that when I see him this Friday he won't put any needles in my back and just treat it distally for now. I have felt better enough today to think that maybe I'll actually get better at some point (what a difference a day makes).

I also wonder how much of this is having gotten through my gyn onc appt. and being told that I don't need to have more treatment right now. Stress is a huge part of this I think.

1 comment:

Cindy D. said...

Hooray! Glad your back is feeling better and you have a treatment plan with the acupuncturist that will address it as well. And yay for no more treatments!